Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Some of us are clowns

I'm very passionate about my song lyrics. To me, it feels like I'm missing a huge part of the song if I don't understand what they were writing about.

we couldn't all be cowboys
some of us are clowns
and some of us are dancers on the midway
we roam from town to town
i hope that everybody can find a little flame
me, i say my prayers
then i just light myself on fire
and i walk out on the wire once again

Goodnight Elisabeth - The Counting Crows

5 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

That's a great song. I too love finding the meaning in lyrics.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't usually care about the lyrics of songs.....does that make me shallow?

12:18 PM  
Blogger mcse96 said...

Haha Hazel, I know a lot of people that don't try and figure out songs and enjoy them the same. There's songs that I don't really pay attention to the lyrics either. It's just that when a song has that extra value, for me it adds another dimension that I really enjoy.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they are falling in love and like every sane person, wondering where it will lead...

6:26 PM  
Blogger mcse96 said...

That's why I can't figure these things out properly... I'm missing the sane component.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home