Monday, December 05, 2005

Aqua Maria continued... yes there's more

As you may have noticed, my memories of grade two are pretty good. I remember some things from Kindergarden, almost nothing from grade one and I remember a few things from grade three. Grade two I remember almost everything. I remember things I said in class, my teachers name, my classmates names, and even some of the class discussions. I can't explain this, it's just the way it is.

I daydreamed in class a lot. I remember getting asked a math question, standing up, and proceeding to discuss my summer vacation to Italy. I remember an amused look on the face of Miss Curtis before I was asked to answer the math question.
This was much different than my grade three class. Grade three was violent to the point of bloodshed, threatening, those Nuns were scary, and I believe truly affected my self esteem and learning abilities, but I won't get into that right now.

This was my grade two story.
Anyway, it was valentines day and we all exchanged valentines cards. I remember bringing a few cards in and we had time in class to fill them out and hand them to the teacher for distribution. Like all the other kids, I had cards for my closer friends in the class and I filled them all out. I had one card left and I knew who this one was for. I nervously filled it out and handed it along with the others to the teacher. My panic set in when I realized I didn't write who the card was to on the envelope.

Miss Curtis opened the card and paused, then looked at me and gave me one of those "that's so cute" faces before calling the recipient of the card. As I buried my head in my desk, Maria walked over to pick up the card that read...

Happy Valentines Day Maria

I love you

Paul


I changed schools after that year and I never saw Maria again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man. Dude. too. Sweet.
It keeps me wondering though...What did Maria say?

9:23 PM  
Blogger mcse96 said...

I honestly can't even remember a reaction at all. I can't remember what she looked like or anything she said or did. Weird.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home