Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Peter and Suzy

Maria and I were travelling in Europe and we were very aggressive with our schedule so we ended up on a lot of trains. We'd get bored occasionally on the trains and Maria would catch a few z's during the trips. Actually she pretty much fell asleep as soon as she hit the seat. I'd be looking out the window trying to spot something she'd like to see and when I'd try and tell her, she'd be out like a light. She missed quite a few sites but she looked good sleeping so I let her rest.

One trip comes to mind where we had a seat with a table in front of us and I read the newspaper as Maria slept. When we got there we were alone and when I read the paper I noticed a personals ad that I got a kick out of. I circled it with a marker and I left it in front of Maria for when she woke. After several hours... okay I can't remember how long, Maria woke up and eventually noticed the ad.

The ad read: Peter and Suzy looking for a third for a meat sandwich. Young, disease and drug free. Willing to travel.

Maria gave me a dirty look and then giggled and pushed the paper away.

A short time after, another couple came in and sat across from us. The man started reading the paper and obviously noticed the circled ad and he pointed it out to his wife. Just as they were doing this I noticed our stop was announced on the PA and thinking I would shock Maria, I said to her "come on Suzy, this is our stop".
Totally catching me by surprise, Maria piped back without the slightest hesitation, "okay Peter".

We walked away without a glance at the reaction from the couple across from us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home