Sunday, December 11, 2005

In order to improve, you must be willing to be seen as stupid and foolish…

A friend has been having trouble with relationships and instead of just dealing with it, learning from it and moving on, he gives up, blames society or whatever and retreats from the world.

I just don't understand people who give up on themselves. Life is too short.
This was inspired by him.


Maybe I’ll disappear

nobody move and you won’t get hurt
are we being robbed or are we just afraid to live
does anybody remember how this all got started?
do we want to know or do we just want out of it?

stop right there and put your hands in the air
are we being arrested or are we just giving up
are we being held up or just caving in
you can’t do anything wrong if you don’t do anything

we complain about our jobs
we bitch about your wife
how would it feel if you wanted it
how would it feel if she wanted it

is it safe there in that cubicle
waiting for the gears and springs to send you home
you can’t get if you won’t ask for it
you can’t have it if you won’t take it

me, I just don’t give a damn
am I saying it or really meaning it
push enough and you might just find that out
push enough and just maybe we both might know

or maybe I’ll just slide down to the basement
hey I’ll put on that new reality show
I think I heard that there’s new software
maybe, maybe I’ll disappear

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home